Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday - Update on mom

Today was another day of healing! Praise the Lord! God is so good, and is teaching her alot as she just stops and listens to him! She is slowly recovering. The swelling and sores are all about the same as yesterday (from what she says), but she is so grateful for all the love, support, and PRAYER! She really is getting better faster than we thought she would. Prayer is working! I went over there yesterday and read her the mail and hung out for about 2 hours. The kids were with a sitter.
Today, Paula Lively came over and made her some special soup, and Diane came and read to her again! I know that she is loving hearing from her friends through cards, phone calls, and visits!
Yestday, while we were talking, she asked me, "Can you even imagine what people who have cronic pain have to go through?" She has several friends who have learned how to surrive living in constant pain. She then followed her question with, "Those people are amazing."
She is in constant pain. It goes in phases, though. Sometimes it's really bad, and sometimes it's just bad. She can now handle to be on the phone a little more than before. Her ears have the sores and she said that they hurt to hold the phone, so when she hurts really bad, she doesn't chat much.
I must say, I am so proud of her for actually stopping and healing. She is cancelling anything she has to do for the whole month, and is just getting better. She doesn't want nerve damage...
She feels so blessed in so many ways. It's neat, how when you stop, and have nothing else to do other than listen to our Lord, how you become more "in step." That's the only word I can think of. But, all of us, at some point or another, must stop and listen to the music -- the sweet voice of our Savior as he is drawing us closer to knowing who he is. I love that HE is in control of everything! I love that, if He wants to heal her and she have no nerve damage at all, then HE can. I love that my mom trusts that no matter what may come her way, she has a precious Savior who is right there with her, through the good, the bad, the ugly, the painful. I love that she has hidden his Word in her heart, so that even while she can't see, she can still hear Words of Truth. I love that she told me of the hope, the comfort, the peace that we all can have in Jesus! I also love that she is no wimp! She may look delicate, but she's a toughy!
If we can all be in prayer over quick recovery and complete healing in every way. That her eyes and nerves will be fully healed, and that none of the virus will linger in her nerves.
If I were to create a visual picture for you -- as far as her appearance goes, she has moved from looking like a "dead person on CSI," and has graduated to looking like Rocky after he fought the German. But, in honor of the step up to looking like Rocky, I have added the Rocky music to my blog! (I know my dad's gonna love it!)
Prayin' over you mom!

No comments: