Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Prayer is such a powerful thing, and it's honestly very contageous. I am not trying to sound "spiritual," or pat my back, but I don't know how not to pray. Yes, I guess there are seasons in my life where prayer is at a dull "lull." But, there is nothing more powerful, more comforting, more convicting than prayer. We may be busy mommies, and busy at work, or doing whatever we can find to do, but even in midst of DOING, you can still PRAY! Even if it's while your folding the families underware, or changing the stinky diaper, you can still pray. I love that no matter how busy we may think we are, God is never too busy to listen with love.
All of that to say, please continue to pray over my mom. You may be getting tired of it, but she really needs it. She took a turn for really bad this weekend, and it isn't getting better. She has fever, her eyes are really swollen again, and the sores constatly burn like fire. Needless to say, she is miserable. And there is nothing worse than being stuck at home, alone (much of the time), and in MISERABLE pain.
And, just so that you know, I am here to pray over you! If you have things that are heavy on your heart, and you don't want to be the only one praying over that certain issue, I am here and would be honored to go before our precious Father with you!

As far as life goes, our niece, Jamie, got married over this past weekend, so we ventured to Harper, TX (close to Fredericksburg) and Evan and Emily were in her wedding. Then, Eric's dad surprised us with a hotel room in San Antonio on the Riverwalk! We had fun and saw the Alamo, and ate yummy mexican food! If was a fun family adventure!

(For those of you who would like to see pictures, they are coming -- perhaps this weekend...)

No comments: