Thursday, August 21, 2008

Doctor appointment results

Well, they feel that an MRI is needed, so she is going in on Monday. There are concerns, so better to be sure. As far as I can understand and put into words, the nerves that are supposed to be working are not, and she has symptoms of swelling in the brain. Her eye hurts more than anything today. Mom said that four days ago the pain more than doubled, and that it is almost too much to handle. She takes pain meds when she absolutely has to, but doesn't want to risk addiction to anything, so suffers as long as she can. Dad said that every time we come over, she pretty much "crashes" as soon as we're gone. And she can't do anything for hours. I know that she loves company, though, so I keep taking the kids over there to see her, but I go because I really need to see her too. Every time I go there, my dad is there as well, and he's in a three-piece suit witha bow-tie, so I am sure that means that he goes to the office. But, maybe it's been a tattoo all these years...

I did find it funny that my mom for "therapy" the other day, mopped the floor. She said that she needed to do something, and unlike most women who go to the spa for relaxation and therapy, she goes and mops her kitchen floor, and vacuums the den. (Then she slept for several hours)

Just so that you know! She IS NOT CONTAGEOUS AT ALL! So, for those of you who were worried, there is no need to!

2 comments:

Haley said...

I'll be praying for your mom and her MRI Monday. Let me know if you need help with the kids so you can be with her.

AshleyR said...

WE LOVE YOUR MOM KATHRYN! I just found out your sweet mother was not doing well on Sunday during prayer time.

She is TOTALLY in our thoughts and prayers right now. If you need dinner/lunch/desserts delivered or taken to the church for her, the Rael/Arps volunteer! Jeff loves to clean/do laundry so if she needs any of that just let us know!

Love,
Ashley Arp/Rael