Friday, August 29, 2008

A glimps at my heart...

TODAY: Emily and I went to mom's house tonight for "girl's night!" We watched "Air Bud!" The guys all went to a Rough Rider's game with the boys from Evan's school.
My mom is still hurting and getting very tired of it. I can't imagine being sick this long!! The doctor called and told her that she does have swelling in the top and lower part of her brain (on the left side). She said that luckliy the pain is mainly there as well. (Better than being EVERYWHERE!) They wanted to do a spinal tap of some kind to see about infection, but mom said no -- no yet. She thinks that it will go away. Please continue to pray for swift and complete healing!

Dollie (our dog) we think got wacked by our new electric fence, and we thought that she had a broken shoulder, but found out (after spending many hours and dollars at the dog hospital) that she just spranged it pretty bad...

Eric and I are going car shopping tomorrow, and are in the process of closing on our house... crazy times! Pray that we get the car the Lord wants us to have!

A GLIMPS:
There is so much more going on that I would love to write down. God is so good and is doing great things! You know how you can walk through life, and -- when you are looking for God's finger prints, you can see them? I am so encouraged about what my mom is learning through all of this mess. Knowing WHO YOU ARE IN CHRIST is something that you will never fully understand, or maybe even fully grasp, but when you can come to "grips" with that fact that you are HIS, it is so freeing. We are HIS -- GOD'S! There is nothing you can do to change that perfect little fact! I love that, if you have accepted the precious, free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ, that no matter how easy, perfect, happy, tough, painful life may get, that we don't have to ask why, or when, or what for. We just have to say, "Father, I am yours, and I trust you no matter how easy, perfect, happy, difficult, tough, and painful each chapter of my life may be. I TRUST YOU!" Never let go of WHO you ARE! Don't forget of the POWER OF GOD IS IN YOU! Never forget that YOU ARE NEVER ALONE, no matter how alone you may feel, or how hopeless a situation may be. Remember that it is not YOU who are in control, and you really need to be greatful for that fact.
I often forget the truth of who I am in christ. It is so easy to forget. Especially with the distractions we have around us.
A question that has been beating in my head lately is, what is your "Kingdom" work? What am I doing to further the Kingdom of God? (Some of my friends are going to think that I have gone off my rocker...) My first calling is to point my children and my husband towards HIM. And, to encourage them so see who they are in Christ. I don't want to live the way I used to -- living up to the expectations of what I thought others had of me. I struggle with that, but I really prefer to be who God naturally made me to be. It scares me to think of who could be without him.
The second thing that the Lord really presses me and pushes me to do (and honestly scares me to death for some reason...) is WORSHIP. Living a life of prayer and worship of our precious Savior. Prayer is easier for me than worship. Worship requires me to surrender something more of myself deep within, and say, "Yes, Lord! YOU are LORD!" I don't really know how to describe how heavily God has placed worship in my heart. Worship is something that happens when you enter HIS HOLY PLACE. Returning to that holy place where it is just you and the Lord. You acknowleging who he is, and him speaking diectly to your heart in a way that is indescribable.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Such true words that all of us moms need to hear about not worrying about others expectations. Your mom and family are in our prayers.
Brenna