Friday, November 14, 2008

Next Week...In a funk.

So next week is CRAZY for me! Can't wait for it to be over. I am decorating this weekend, and the guy that I was totally depending on to help me went to a different country for the holidays... SO, I get to do it alone for the most part. Oh well, I can handle that, but I am already in a major funk, and don't need to add more stress on top of "the crazies."
Sunday, I won't even go there, is going to be difficult for me due to some strange things going on... Monday and Tuesday I am going to be the best mom I can be, but come Wednesday, I will be invisible to everyone. I am cooking for a tea that I am hosting for 200+ people, making the decorations, and taking care of all the specifics, etc. Thursday is the tea, but Friday is when I am singing at DBU for their homecoming. I am sooooo nervous about it. I haven't sang -- like show tunes and stuff -- in 7 years. I'm only singing one song, so in a way that makes it even worse because I can't mentally work through the whole nervous issue. I have to fake it and be perfect. UUUGGGG! I am also having a full orchestra behind me (if only I was singing a song I loved... oh well). If any of you guys want to come, it's completely free. It's at DBU in the Burg, starting at 8pm on Friday. Get there early. It will be packed.
BUT, I am VERY greatful that Thanksgiving week is coming and I have several days where I can get my head straight and hopefully enjoy doing nothing.
For those of you who read this to find out about my mom, she is doing MUCH better! The only complications she has now are the fact that she will be in pain for a very long time. She is going to work (she couldn't stay away if she tried...) and she is being super woman yet again. The whole "pack" is in San Diego this week, but will be back soon -- maybe tomorrow!!
Evan and Emily are growing up too fast, and they are the best kids in the world!! Eric is so ready to be home and finally be a family again. We've all missed that. It's been so long it seems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying that your week goes smooth!Thanks for the hug!
~Lori