Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Confessions from Cat

No matter what choices I make in life, whether it be good decisions or bad, every decision I make causes a wake. A ripple in the lives of those around me. Sometimes it's easy for me to forget that, and I just want to do my own thing rather than rememebering that God is actually in charge of every single choice I make, not me. But we serve a precious God who is full of grace, who also allows me to fall on my face HARD so that I can see that I can't do it alone. I love and hate that all at the same time...
I have been dealing with alot lately, in ways that I never dreamed I would struggle, and it's been one of the most difficult things I have had to face since my eating disorder. It's funny how quickly and easily sin can creep in and make itself at home, and you don't realize it until everything in life is unraveling. The hardest part is when you realize that you've not only hurt yourself, but the ones you love the most, and your relationship with the Lord isn't as close because you've chosen other things over him. It doesn't take long for that to happen!
I am so blessed to have a husband, kids, and family that love me and point me to Christ when I am not looking to Him. I know that I am not the only person on the earth that struggles with things, so I think that you can relate in your own personal way. Going through the desert is so hard and painful, but remember you are not alone.

No comments: