Monday, August 24, 2009

The Teeth

Why must Sunday mornings always be the time when STUFF happens?!
Well, on this particular Sunday, we were actually somewhat on time!
I did Maw Maw's hair, Emily's hair, my hair, had everyone dressed, breakfast made, coffee made, dishes cleaned up, and we were ready to run out the door!
Suddenly, I went into Maw Maw's room to hurry her along a bit so that we could go, and she looked at me very frustrated and feathered, and said, "I CAN'T go to church!" And, I interrupted like I do every week, "Yes you can! The hardest part is getting out the door!" Then she threw herself on her bed and slumped over and said again, "No! I can't go to church!" then she looked up at me, opened her mouth with her index finger, and very gummily said, "I WOST MY TEEPH! I CAN'T GO TO SHURSH!" (translated - "I lost my teeth I can't go tot church")
Shocked, I immediately went to the bathroom where she always keeps them, and then I started looking in the drawers, in the toilet, in her purse... Eric joined in on the search all over the house tryin got find where she had placed them, and then Eric accidentally found them... in his coffee...

(That'll teach him to take a coffee break while in the middle of a major search!)

Please don't ask how her teeth got there. We have NO IDEA! All we do know is that we were LATE AGAIN to church...

No comments: