Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Mommy! We're BEING ROBBED!!"

It was a perfect day! I went to the gym this morning, came home and had my friend, Julie, over for lunch; put the kids down for naps, and after Julie left I decided to jump in the shower. I was in the middle of shaving my legs when I heard Evan start screaming and crying!
He ran into the bathroom where I was, and in hysterics said, "Mommy, someone is at the back door playing with the handle and making it crack!!!"
I threw on a towel, grabbed my taser, and set off to fight this dangerous house robber person -- in a towel...
I entered our living room and didn't hear anything; I opened the window blinds, and didn't see anything there either. I wondered if Emily was outside and I didn't know it, but just as I was about to go and see if she was still sleeping, she walked in the room. I looked for the dog, to see if maybe it was the dog scratching, but NO! Dollie was in her bed.
I went back and got dressed, and then went outside to see if our huge gate was compromised, but the gate was secure. With trusty "Ole Tessie the Taser" in my hands, I then went through the house to the front yard to see if anyone was around, and yet again, NO ONE! (Like they would have really lingered anyway...)
So, I went back into the house and told Evan not to worry, and everything is fine. After a few minutes, I hear Evan knocking aggressively on the back door. I went in and asked him what he was doing, and he said, "I wanted to know if the bad guys were still out there because if they are, then they will knock back, and then you can fight them..."
Just call me "Janet Bourne" because apparently, I am an amazing fighter that can withstand obnoxious house-robber-people...

I still don't know what he heard, but all is well at the Couch house!

2 comments:

The Mitchells said...

It was probably your mouse family moving out, Evan just heard it and thought someone was coming in.

The Mitchells said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG WOMAN...it's been 2 months...you are about to end up in my "not updated in a while" pile of blogs I don't check on anymore!