Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh dear! It has begun...!

Today we took one of Evan's good friends, John Calvin, home with us! He and Evan are in the same class at school (and church -- i think...) Anyways, all the kids were playing in the back yard, and I was inside cleaning or something, and watching them through the windows... Well, my three-and-a-half year old daughter, Emily comes in and says, "Mommy, HE KISSED ME AND HE'S NOT MY PRINCE!!!" After trying very hard not to laugh at her, I went outside and explained to John Calvin that we don't kiss girls until we want to marry them (what else do you say to a four year old...), and we have to be ALOT older before he can marry anyone! And his precious response was, "Okay, I'll marry her NEXT year!" Then he grabbed her hand and trotted off and pushed her on the swing while Evan was telling him to play with HIM instead of EMILY! It was priceless!
John Calvin and Evan did eventually go and play without the girl..
When we were driving back to the school he kept telling me that he was Emily's girlfriend, and I kept correting saying, "No, it's BOYfriend...and WAIT, you guys can't be boyfriend and girlfriend!! You can be friends, but no more kissing! Anyways, I found it hilarious that I was having a kissing discussion with a 3 and a 4 year old.
All I have to say is, HOLY COW! It has begun... Evan's friends are now going to come over and pay more attention to his sister!! I am praying even more!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!

Haley said...

That's really funny!