Monday, September 3, 2007

Well, people keep telling me that I am horrible at keeping my blog current...
The truth is, I am NEVER current. Lately I feel like I am always at least 16 steps behind, and even further on laundry. I know that it is all self provoked, but what can I say, I guess I have secret priorities that I don't even realize, and blogging isn't one of them.
Now to get somewhat up to date... We have been pretty busy since we returned from Europe back in May. We went to a river place with Eric's fam (I can't remember where it was, but I think that the name of the river was Frio -- I could be making that up...) We had lots of fun and several adventures along the way.
We have had playdates almost daily, lots of swimming, friends and family. We went to the circus, and got to see the tigers and elephants before th circus began and go to their cages! That was cool! I auditioned for American Idol for the final time (thank goodness!) I am now too old!!! Eric went with me, but obviously he is too old. We waited for 12 long hours in 96 degree weather. NOT FUN!! I did get to see my old college roomate, Keelie! That was fun! We also ran into alot of our old friends there. One of them (Jeremiah Richey) made it through!! Fun Times! We also got to catch up with another friend, Nate, who is also in Jeremiah's band. (They are on my MySpace page if you ever want to hear their music...
We are currently in the process of building a fort/ 2nd house in the back yard. It is HUGE! Eric, my dad, Bennie, David, and Vernon are all here building away -- FUN TIMES! When it's finished I'll show you their progress!!
Eric's birthday is tomorrow, but we are going to celebrate tonight over steak and cheesecake -- Eric's favorite! Evan is UNpatiently waiting for his birthday to hurry up and get here, already! He wants pretty much all of Target and Toy's R Us combined. He is so funny! He is going through a super hero phase (as you can see in the pictures), but I am trying to teach him that they are not really going to fly down from the sky and save him if he walks into the middle of the street, so we invited our friend Lee, who was in Iraq for a season, to come and meet Evan. We explained to him that Lee is a real super-hero because he stands up for our freedom and fights for our country. Lee presented Evan with a medal of honor for being a "good boy!" It was really cool! Now Evan has it up high where the other kids won't take it! We've also been talking about how God is the one that keeps us safe. We may not be able to see God in human form, but HE protects us in ways we may not understand right now. Evan is full of questions, and I love hearing what is in his mind. He is brilliant. He even asked me what "real" is. And then said, "Is this peppermint in my hand real, are you real, am I real, is Emily real?" And I said, "Yes!" I've also been telling him that Superman and Batman are ficticious characters in comic books. They are fun to pretend, but the will never save us.
Oh the joys of children! I love being a mom! I am constantly under conviction of how I think and act, and what I say, do, watch, and even how I respond to things. I am definitely a work in progress! I am so glad that I have a Savior who knows my heart and sees the end result. I want to be like Him. And, when people see me, I want them to see Him.

No comments: