Friday, September 14, 2007

I've Got Peace Like A River!

Do you know that song?

I've got peace like a river
I've got peace like a river
I've got peace like a river in my soul!

How often we forget that we have been given a wonderful gift -- PEACE!
I am guilty of focusing on the storm rather than turning to our Savior and asking him to say those magic words, "Peace be still." You may reacall the difficult few days I wrote about previously. It's funny how Satan knows the buttons to push, isn't it?
Well, the following day (Thursday) was a little difficult too, but you really have to laugh when it goes from bad to worse.
I woke up and the day started out perfect...then I went into the Green Room of our house.
Dollie, our beautiful Golden Retriever, went to the bathroom all over the carpet and left a lake in the middle of the floor. Now, I don't know if you know how crazy I get over urine of any kind -- especially when it is somewhere that I walk or sit, but needless to say, I freaked out after stepping in it BAREFOOT! I also discovered in my Green Room that Dollie had figured out how to "retrieve" used diapers, and apparently she found them satisfying, so they were sheredded all over the floor. As I took a few more steps I discovered that she also knew how to open the pantry door, because that is the only place I keep all of my "Homemade Gourmet" seasoning packets...Yes, she thought that those were tasty too and decided to help herself to about three of the larger packets.

So there I was with a pee-covered foot, both from the dog and the diapers, with a "Granny's Summer Roast" crust smothered all over my feet! Need I say more... yet it continues.

I began sopping up the wet mess with paper towels while talking with my mom on the phone trying to figure out a way of cleaning up the mess without calling a carpet cleaning company. After getting the wet stuff up, and douced with Oxy Clean, Eric and I started cleaning up the other. Eric swept up the seasoning and picked up the diapers, and then began to vacuum when suddenly -- the vacuum broke!
I cannot handle yucky floors!!! Luckily, Eric was home! He keeps me sane!

Well, we blocked off the room and continued our day.

A little bit later, I glanced out the back window and noticed that the front passenger tire was practically flat on the "frilly" car (the Lexus). Considering that my car was in the shop, and I was depending on the frilly car to get me to work, I was rather put out to say the least. (Don't you wish everything was made like "Rubber-made?") So, we got that fixed just before naptime, and then went to work where life seemed much calmer! Thankfully everyone, minus Emily, is potty trained!

I tell you that little story to say this... no matter how tough life may get sometimes,
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." (James 1:12 NIV)
"Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valualble crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm because the Lord's coming is near." (James 5:7-9)

Just because we may have a bad day today, we are to stay focused on WHO is in control and where we are going!
"May the peace fo Christ dwell in you richly!"





1 comment:

Unknown said...

You poor thing! You are in our prayers. Hope you had a better weekend!